Wednesday, September 5, 2012

FALL IS IN THE AIR

Fall is almost here!  A little over 2 weeks left of Summer.  I haven't decided how much I am going to decorate this year.  Will I decorate for Halloween, not sure yet.  I am not crazy about carving my pumpkins. I prefer to just decorate with whole pumpkins.  I love using decorative scarecrows with a bundle of hay and pumpkins of all sizes, but with all the dry weather we have here I am a little afraid to do that this year due to fire dangers. I have thought of planting some pumpkin seeds/seedlings, making use of nature as decor.  Of course I always forget because in the the springtime, fall plants are not on my mind.  One year I also cleaned out a pumpkin and filled it with potting soil and pansy's.  When fall was over we just dug a hole and dropped the whole pumpkin into it and covered it up.

I really don't do a lot with the interior for fall, just set a few select items around.  Change out the potpourri to a more fall color.  Getting the right color of potpourri without the fall scents is a challenge for me since I am allergic to cinnamon.


I just had a great idea pop into my head, since I am allergic to cinnamon and can't use the scents in my decor, due to the oils I am going to put a tall candle into a tall round vase and then fill it with coffee beans.  This could also be a nice little hostess gift.


a nice decoration and a nice treat for the squirrels

How homey, great fall look without going overboard
This is pretty.  For my tasted I would use a less bright fall leaf though.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your kind comments. You have a no reply email so I looked up Kisses1965. Your blog is right down my alley. I love reading about interior design and decor. We do have a lot in common especially since we both love purple. Can you let me know the meaning behind Kisses1965? I'm very curious. Thanks for reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI and thanks for stopping by my blog! That is a shame that you are allergic to cinnamon, I LOVE the fall scents. As you can tell, I also LOVE to decorate for the seasons. Wait til you see Christmas:):):) Please stop back or consider following me by e-mail. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again. Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you haven't posted in awhile. Are you not blogging anymore?????? XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for your visit. I so appreciate it and your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete